Kent State Golden Flashes @ Ball State Cardinals
Current Records: Kent State 1-9, Ball State 3-7
How To Watch
- When: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 2 p.m. ET
- Where: Scheumann Stadium — Muncie, Indiana
- TV: ESPN+
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Fubo (Try for free) Fubo’s holiday offer just kicked off – For a limited time, new subscribers can save $40 on Fubo’s Pro, Elite, and Premier plans ($20 off the first and second months)
- Ticket Cost: $3.09
What to Know
The Kent State Golden Flashes and the Ball State Cardinals are set to square off in a Mid American battle at 2:00 p.m. ET on November 18th at Scheumann Stadium. Kent State is hoping to put an end to a six-game streak of away losses.
Last Wednesday, things were looking good for Kent State after they put the first points on the board, but unfortunately for them things went downhill from there. They were completely outmatched by Bowling Green at home and fell 49-19.
Meanwhile, it was close, but last Tuesday Ball State sidestepped Northern Illinois for a 20-17 victory.
Kiael Kelly looked great while leading his team to the win, rushing for 66 yards and a touchdown, while also throwing for 115 yards and a touchdown. Marquez Cooper and his 93 yards on the ground were also a key factor in Ball State’s win.
Kent State’s loss dropped their record down to 1-9. As for Ball State, their victory ended a seven-game drought on the road dating back to last season and puts them at 3-7.
Kent State will be fighting an uphill battle on Saturday as the experts have pegged them as the 11-point underdog. This contest will be their eighth straight as the underdogs (so far over this stretch they are 0-6-1 against the spread).
Kent State came up short against Ball State in their previous meeting back in November of 2022, falling 27-20. Thankfully for Kent State, Carson Steele (who rushed for 192 yards and a touchdown) won’t be suiting up this time. Will that be enough to change the final result? Check CBSSports.com after the match to find out.
Ball State is a big 11-point favorite against Kent State, according to the latest college football odds.
Bettors have moved against the Cardinals slightly, as the game opened with the Cardinals as a 12.5-point favorite.
The over/under is set at 42.5 points.
See college football picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Ball State has won 2 out of their last 3 games against Kent State.
- Nov 01, 2022 – Ball State 27 vs. Kent State 20
- Nov 23, 2019 – Kent State 41 vs. Ball State 38
- Sep 29, 2018 – Ball State 52 vs. Kent State 24
Injury Report for Ball State
- Brady Hunt: Out for the Season (Ankle)
- Ty Robinson: Out for the Season (Thumb)
- Christian Davis: out (Knee)
Injury Report for Kent State
- Michael Alaimo: questionable (Undisclosed)
- Chrishon McCray: Out for the Season (Lower Body)