Givaudan expands in makeup and skincare with the acquisition of B.Kolor

Givaudan has completed the acquisition of B.Kolormakeup & Skincare (B.Kolor), an Italian company specialising in developing and producing finished make-up and skincare products

The operation follows the acquisition of 25% of the capital of B.Kolor by Givaudan in July 2021. By purchasing the remaining 75%, Givaudan expands its value proposition in the beauty sector and further widen its capabilities for make-up and skincare formulations.

Founded in 2000, B.Kolormakeup & Skincare is headquartered near Milan, Italy, and employs more than 300 people. The company is recognised as experts in creative formulation design and the production of finished products for B2B customers, focusing on innovation and sensory benefits allied to state-of-the-art technical performance.

After three years of successful partnership with b.kolor, this is a great achievement for Givaudan to complete this acquisition, promising a very exciting journey. By sharing our creative and innovation capabilities, we will generate additional value to our respective customers by providing a complete offer combining high level of science with excellence in design,” said Maurizio Volpi, President of Givaudan’s Fragrance & Beauty.

We are delighted to expand in beauty by benefiting from b.kolor expertise. This acquisition not only strengthens our capabilities in the fields of make-up and skincare, but also positions us as leaders in driving the market towards an ever more solutions-driven future,” added Markus Rassmann, Head of Givaudan Active Beauty.

Joining Givaudan, the market leader, is a great opportunity to bring our businesses to new heights. Givaudan’s capabilities in creation, ingredients and technology will greatly support us in evolving our product offering, while benefiting from Givaudan’s customer base and geographical footprint to expand ourselves in new territories. We are very pleased to also share our unique creative design and production know-how with Givaudan to bring the products of tomorrow to life,” completed Maria-Teresa Sancini, Chairwoman of B.Kolor.

The terms of the deal have not been disclosed. However, Givaudan said B.Kolor business would have represented approximately CHF 77 million of incremental sales to its results in 2023, on a proforma basis. Givaudan plans to finance this acquisition through debt.

Source link

About The Author

Scroll to Top